29.8.11

Day 15.


Went to the library and got a couple of books to keep me entertained, can't wait to get started with the reading!

Ran into a neighbour who lost her husband about a month ago, and I just found out about it a week ago. They had been married for over 50 years and his death was a very unexpected and sudden one, she said he died in less than 5 minutes. We chatted a little and she said something that touched me: "after over 50 years, I still would have had so many things to talk about".
---------------
Kirjastopäivä, kohta aloitan lukemaan saalista. Törmäsin rappukäytävässä naapurin rouvaan, jonka mies oli kuollut äkillisesti kuukausi sitten, sairaskohtaus vei miehen viidessä minuutissa. Rouva sanoi jotain, joka jäi soimaan korviin ja vähän omaantuntoonkin: "vaikka oltiin yli 50 vuotta naimisissa, niin vielä olisi ollut asioita, joista olisin halunnut puhua".

1 comment:

  1. Andreas bought Leena Lehtolainen's book Kuolemanspiraali for me. and it took me three weeks to read it in Finnish. Tough stuff for a skater's mom, though. Reminded me a lot about our short fling with the ice hall!

    ReplyDelete